Ohio Ecological Food & Farm Association (OEFFA), in partnership with the Sustainable Agriculture Fund, LLC announces the establishment of The OEFFA Investment Fund, to “promote sustainable agriculture in Ohio by making flexible and affordable capital available to farmers and farm-related businesses.”
In its pilot phase, the Fund has made $500,00 available as loans, land leases and equity investments for organic OEFFA members in Ohio. Typical investments range from $5,000 to $50,000, but requests for other amounts between $2,500 and $250,000 will be considered. These funds may be used for:
- Capital investments and expenses that improve efficiency, quality or expansion of business production and sales
- Repairs necessary to maintain business operations
- Short-term operating needs, such as inventory, supplies or labor for expansion
- Emergency funds to deal with business interruptions due to fire, natural disasters or other unforeseeable events
- Other uses subject to the Fund’s Investment Committee approval
Visit the OEFFA Investment Fund’s webpage for more information on loan terms and conditions and application process guidelines. For information about the Fund contact the OEFFA office at (614) 421-2022 ext. 202, or OIFinfo@oeffa.org.