The Practical Farmers of Iowa offers beginning farmers in need of on-farm experience and mentorship the opportunity to apply to work on an experienced “PFI Trainer” farm in Iowa. The 10 “Trainer” farms are located across Iowa and represent a range of diverse crop and livestock enterprises.
Trainees will also receive:
- On-the-job training earning at least $8/hour
- 1-2 hours of each week discussing financial and business details with the trainer (i.e. how the farm is financed, how to generate a profit)
- Paid time off to attend a PFI event
- PFI Annual Conference 2014 discount and free homestay lodging during the conference with a PFI member
- A special “Spring Training” Farminar Series in April 2013 to connect with other “PFI Trainees”
To review the “Trainer” farms, click here. Apply directly using the information on the website by February 15th.