Organic Farming Research Foundation (OFRF), in partnership with Seed Matters, is now accepting grant proposals for research or education and outreach projects in organic seed quality or crop breeding innovation through November 19, 2012.
OFRF will consider funding for research projects in topics, including, but not limited to:
- Systems approaches to managing seed-borne diseases;
- Developing seed treatments compliant with the organic standards;
- Participatory plant breeding activities;
- Developing strategies for maintaining integrity of organic seed.
Education and outreach proposals will be accepted for the development of interactive educational materials, activities and media for:
- Effective seed treatments allowable under the organic standards;
- Maintaining seed quality during processing and handling;
- Small-scale seed harvesting, drying, and processing methods;
- On-farm or participatory breeding and selection methods.
Grant applicants in Canada, Mexico and the United States are eligible for funding up to $15,000.00. Proposals may be submitted online, and funding decisions will be made in March 2013. For guidance in writing and submitting your proposal, contact OFRF at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (831) 426-6606.